This newsletter is part of a regular email I send out to businesses in Scunthorpe. If you have not received this email directly from me, please click here to subscribe to my Business newsletter.
Last week I wrote to you outlining my concerns on the potential impact of the lower turnout seen in our high streets and its impact on local businesses.
I'm pleased to say that we have made some progress today.
As you may have heard, the Chancellor has announced a new one-off cash grant to help businesses in the hospitality, leisure and cultural sectors. In addition, more than £100 million discretionary funding will be made available for local authorities to support other businesses
Having raised the need for business support with the government this week I'm very pleased to see that this support package is in place. I want to thank the local businesses that have taken the time to write to me to outline their circumstances as they have helped me make my case with colleagues in the government.
Please find below an outline of the announcement. I will of course write to provide further updates as and when I receive them.
One-off grants of up to £6,000 for eligible businesses in the hospitality and leisure sectors
Depending on rateable value:
- Businesses with a rateable value of £51,000 or above: £6,000
- Businesses with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000:£4,000
- Businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or below: £2,666
£100 million new discretionary funding will be provided to local authorities to support other impacted businesses - details to follow.
Statutory Sick Pay (SSP)
The Statutory Sick Pay Rebate Scheme will be reinstated to help businesses cover employees who fall ill. Read the factsheet here.
Culture Recovery fund
An additional £30 million will be made available to support theatres, museums and other vital cultural institutions through the Culture Recovery Fund.
I very much hope this support package will help local businesses in our area through this Winter.
Meanwhile, please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any further comments or feedback following today's announcement.
- COVID-19 SUPPORT DIRECTORY FOR INDIVIDUALS AND BUSINESSES
- useful local mental health support contacts
- Funding Opportunities for Scunthorpe Charities and NFPs/ New Business Grants
- Business Update 17/12/21- New Covid rules for businesses, NLC Start-Up Grant and Sustainability Grant
- Local Hospitality and Tourism Fund open, Key takeaways from last week's Budget, Campaign Success on Lorry Park Facilities- 03/11/2021
- Government consultation on Vaccine Passports- COVID-19 Business update 28/09/2021
- Share your Kickstart experiences, £220 million to reduce emissions & flexible working consultation launched- COVID-19 Business update 24/09/2021
- Important: Local DWP Kickstart event, updated Furlough and SEISS information, key conslutations - COVID-19 Business update 20/08/2021
- Important consultations, quarantine rules for industries, new allergen regulations and CJRS update- COVID-19 Business update 27/07/2021
- Covid Guidance from Monday, Hospitality Recovery Plan and info for social care providers- 16/07/2021
- Changes in restrictions, final reminder for discretionary grant 15/06/2021
- Discretionary grant up, Farmers Consultation, CJRS elgibility 28/05/2021
- NLC Schemes, 4th SEISS grant, Discretionary Grant update - COVID-19 Business update 05/05/2021
- Updates to work safety guidance, Register for FREE weekly tests, Grants and other business support schemes - COVID-19 Business update 08/04/2021
- Ready to reopen Scunthorpe, FREE lateral flow tests for biz with over 50 employees, SME Brexit Support Fund - COVID-19 Business update 24/03/2021
- Weddings and Sports roadmap + Big update covering support schemes, tax changes, and policy updates - COVID-19 Business update 16/03/2021
- Special Business update - Budget overview - COVID-19 Business update 03/03/2021
- Lockdown grants update, Important Furlough and Self-Employed Income Support Scheme deadlines - COVID-19 Business update 08/01/2021
- Lockdown Grant Details - COVID-19 Business Update 05/01/2021
- Discretionary grant update, notes from Weddings meeting, lower self-isolation period- COVID-19 Business Update 14/12/2020
- Tier 3 Grant open, Tier reviews, outbreak control support and wet pubs grant- COVID-19 Business Update 4/12/20Tier 3 restrictions, new SEISS up - COVID-19 Business Update 26/11/2020
- COVID Winter plan, furlough changes, self-isolation payment - COVID-19 Business Update 24/11/2020
- Discretionary grant released - COVID-19 Business Update 13/11/2020
- Chancellor's announcement updates, Discretionary Grant confirmed, industry guidelines - COVID-19 Business Update 06/11/2020
- Lockdown support and grants - COVID-19 Business Update 04/11/2020
- COVID-19 Business Update 23/10/2020- Chancellor’s IMPROVED Winter Support Package
- Coronavirus Business Update 22.09.20- Chancellor's Winter Support Package
- Coronavirus Business Update 22/09/20- Today's updates and key guidances
- COVID-19 Business Update 08/09/2020- Feedback from hospitality industry needed, job creation schemes available for your business
- COVID-19 Business Update 09/07/2020- Further reopening of businesses, eat out scheme details, green homes grants
- Important update: Chancellor's statement and what it means for you - 08/07/2020
- Quick update - full list of businesses, guidance available - 24/06/2020
- Further opening of key sectors, self-employed support - COVID-19 Business update 23/06/2020
- NLC Discretionary Business Grants now open for application - COVID-19 Business update 01/06/2020
- COVID-19 Business update 29/05/2020 -Important update on furlough, Self-Employed income support scheme EXTENDED
- COVID-19 Business update 26/05/2020- Retail update, tax clarifications, claim for SSP
- COVID-19 Business update 14/05/2020- Major housing update, holiday entitlement guidance, guidance for discretionary council grant released - COVID-19 Business update
- COVID-19 Business update 13/05/2020- Furlough scheme extended, health and safety priority
- COVID-19 Business Update 11/05/20- Details on today's announcements, how to make your workplace "Covid-Safe"
- COVID-19 Business update 04/05/2020- Bounce back loans available NOW, Council to get discretion for grants, further info for employees
- COVID-19 Business update 27/04/2020- New 100% backed loans for small businesses, Furlough scheme feedback
- COVID-19 Business update 15/04/2020- Date set for furlough scheme (get ready!), more info for the self-employed
- COVID-19 Business update 03/04/2020- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loans, Industry updates
- COVID-19 Business update 27/03/2020- Important update for employers: more details on "furlough"/ "80% scheme"
- COVID-19 Business update 26/03/2020- Self-employed details, letter to Chancellor and Business Secretary
- COVID-19 Business update 24/03/2020- Important guidelines and updates
- COVID-19 Business update 23/03/2020- Lockdown and further information
- COVID-19 Business update 22/03/2020- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, my pledge to the self-employed
- COVID-19 Business update 20/03/2020- URGENT UPDATE
- COVID-19 Business update 18/03/2020- Business Interruption Loan Scheme, Business Rates Holiday, Small Business Grants