Just a quick update - the government has released its latest guidance "Opening certain businesses and venues in England from 4 July 2020" which contains a list of businesses that can reopen by 4th July with relevant guidances. This list is more comprehensive compared to the list that I have provided yesterday. You can read about it here.
There is, no doubt, significant anxieties from industries that have yet to be allowed to reopen. I understand that reviews are currently underway to ensure that they will be able to operate as soon as possible.
Guidances released so far:
- Further guidance on restaurants, pubs, bars and takeaway services
- Further guidance on close contact service (ie Hair salons)
- Guidance for people who work in hotels and guest accommodation, indoor and outdoor attractions, and business events and consumer shows.
- Hotels and other guest accommodation
TWO METRE RULE REVIEW PUBLISHED
For those who are interested, the government had just published their full review of the two-metre social distancing guidance which you can find here.
ADDRESSING THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN LEFT OUT
Yesterday I said that I would write to the chancellor about those who have been left out of the Self-Employed Income Support Scheme. You can find my letter here.
- COVID-19 SUPPORT DIRECTORY FOR INDIVIDUALS AND BUSINESSES
- Further opening of key sectors, self-employed support - COVID-19 Business update 23/06/2020
- NLC Discretionary Business Grants now open for application - COVID-19 Business update 01/06/2020
- COVID-19 Business update 29/05/2020 -Important update on furlough, Self-Employed income support scheme EXTENDED
- COVID-19 Business update 26/05/2020- Retail update, tax clarifications, claim for SSP
- COVID-19 Business update 14/05/2020- Major housing update, holiday entitlement guidance, guidance for discretionary council grant released - COVID-19 Business update
- COVID-19 Business update 13/05/2020- Furlough scheme extended, health and safety priority
- COVID-19 Business Update 11/05/20- Details on today's announcements, how to make your workplace "Covid-Safe"
- COVID-19 Business update 04/05/2020- Bounce back loans available NOW, Council to get discretion for grants, further info for employees
- COVID-19 Business update 27/04/2020- New 100% backed loans for small businesses, Furlough scheme feedback
- COVID-19 Business update 15/04/2020- Date set for furlough scheme (get ready!), more info for the self-employed
- COVID-19 Business update 03/04/2020- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loans, Industry updates
- COVID-19 Business update 27/03/2020- Important update for employers: more details on "furlough"/ "80% scheme"
- COVID-19 Business update 26/03/2020- Self-employed details, letter to Chancellor and Business Secretary
- COVID-19 Business update 24/03/2020- Important guidelines and updates
- COVID-19 Business update 23/03/2020- Lockdown and further information
- COVID-19 Business update 22/03/2020- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, my pledge to the self-employed
- COVID-19 Business update 20/03/2020- URGENT UPDATE
- COVID-19 Business update 18/03/2020- Business Interruption Loan Scheme, Business Rates Holiday, Small Business Grants