This email is part of a regular update I send out to businesses in Scunthorpe. If you have not received this email directly from me please click here to subscribe to my COVID-19 Business newsletter.
Workplace safety for all employees
- Clinically Extremely Vulnerable people across the country will be receiving letters advising them to shield.
- As it stands the advice is that “if (CEV) people cannot work from home, they should not attend work.”
- I hope you can ensure that CEV employees are given home-working responsibilities or are furloughed, so that they can follow the medical advice given.
- If you can operate please ensure that you follow the appropriate Covid-secure workplace guidance here.
- I have recently updated my list of local contacts to reflect the availability of mental health support - please have a look here.
Update on retail and discretionary grant
- Following my previous Business Update, I am pleased to confirm that North Lincs Council will be administering discretionary grants.
- I have already provided feedback based on my work in supporting businesses needing discretionary grants in the past, including from those who may have been eligible but have missed out from the previous discretionary grant.
- I have asked NLC to ensure that they will use this to cover those who may have fallen through the cracks.
- Further work is being done to finalise the eligibility criteria for both grants (hopefully by next week) meanwhile you can start putting in an application for retail grants/ businesses that have been instructed to close on NLC’s placeholder form here.
- NLC is working on a separate form for the discretionary grant. If you are planning to apply for the discretionary grant please hold off and I will provide you with the latest link once they are released.
Furlough Scheme (Further) Extension
- The furlough scheme has been extended again and will continue to pay 80% of wages for hours not worked, up to £2500 per month, until the end of March 2021.
- More information can be found here.
- An update from the treasury can be found here.
- Information about making a claim can be found here.
- Check if your business is eligible here.
Coronavirus Job Retention Bonus
- Due to the extension of the Furlough scheme, the CJRB will not be paid as planned in February, however, a retention incentive will be redeployed at an appropriate time.
- I have already raised this with colleagues as I understand this may cause cashflow disruption to some businesses. If this has affected your business please let me know.
Self Employed Income Support Scheme
- Increased support for the self-employed, the SEISS will now pay 80% of previous trading profits, for the 3-month period; November to January. This is capped at £7,500.
- A fourth SEISS grant has been confirmed – it is likely to mirror the support given to those on furlough.
- Find out if you are eligible here.
- Find more information here.
- Information about holiday or after-school clubs and out-of-school settings can be found here.
- Information for early years and childcare providers can be found here.
- Information about children’s social care and Ofsted can be found here.
Food manufacturing and processing Industry
- Safety and guidance for Food businesses can be found here.
Home Care and Supported Living Services
- Information about safety and minimising risks for home care services can be found here.
- Information about safety and minimising risks for supported living services can be found here
- Information regarding the admission and care for residents and staff in care homes can be found here.
- Information regarding care home visitation can be found here.
- Safely operating and using transportation information can be found here.
Outdoor Gyms and Playgrounds
- Information about managing and minimising risks of transmission of coronavirus on outdoor gyms or playgrounds can be found here.
Caravan and park homes
- For information about caravan and park home use, please visit this website.
- Information for farmers, landowners and rural businesses can be found here.
- Information regarding Animal welfare and coronavirus restrictions can be found here. It appears to suggest that dog groomers can operate if it pertains the “essential” welfare of the animal involved.
Delivery options for pubs, restaurants, etc
Please refer to the following paragraph from the legislation:
- COVID-19 SUPPORT DIRECTORY FOR INDIVIDUALS AND BUSINESSES
- Lockdown support and grants - COVID-19 Business Update 04/11/2020
- COVID-19 Business Update 23/10/2020- Chancellor’s IMPROVED Winter Support Package
- Coronavirus Business Update 22.09.20- Chancellor's Winter Support Package
- Coronavirus Business Update 22/09/20- Today's updates and key guidances
- COVID-19 Business Update 08/09/2020- Feedback from hospitality industry needed, job creation schemes available for your business
- COVID-19 Business Update 09/07/2020- Further reopening of businesses, eat out scheme details, green homes grants
- Important update: Chancellor's statement and what it means for you - 08/07/2020
- Quick update - full list of businesses, guidance available - 24/06/2020
- Further opening of key sectors, self-employed support - COVID-19 Business update 23/06/2020
- NLC Discretionary Business Grants now open for application - COVID-19 Business update 01/06/2020
- COVID-19 Business update 29/05/2020 -Important update on furlough, Self-Employed income support scheme EXTENDED
- COVID-19 Business update 26/05/2020- Retail update, tax clarifications, claim for SSP
- COVID-19 Business update 14/05/2020- Major housing update, holiday entitlement guidance, guidance for discretionary council grant released - COVID-19 Business update
- COVID-19 Business update 13/05/2020- Furlough scheme extended, health and safety priority
- COVID-19 Business Update 11/05/20- Details on today's announcements, how to make your workplace "Covid-Safe"
- COVID-19 Business update 04/05/2020- Bounce back loans available NOW, Council to get discretion for grants, further info for employees
- COVID-19 Business update 27/04/2020- New 100% backed loans for small businesses, Furlough scheme feedback
- COVID-19 Business update 15/04/2020- Date set for furlough scheme (get ready!), more info for the self-employed
- COVID-19 Business update 03/04/2020- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loans, Industry updates
- COVID-19 Business update 27/03/2020- Important update for employers: more details on "furlough"/ "80% scheme"
- COVID-19 Business update 26/03/2020- Self-employed details, letter to Chancellor and Business Secretary
- COVID-19 Business update 24/03/2020- Important guidelines and updates
- COVID-19 Business update 23/03/2020- Lockdown and further information
- COVID-19 Business update 22/03/2020- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, my pledge to the self-employed
- COVID-19 Business update 20/03/2020- URGENT UPDATE
- COVID-19 Business update 18/03/2020- Business Interruption Loan Scheme, Business Rates Holiday, Small Business Grants