This update is part of a regular newsletter I send out to businesses in Scunthorpe. If you have not received this directly from me please click here to subscribe to my COVID-19 Business newsletter.
Earleir today the Culture Secretary has outlined the scheduled reopening dates for several sectors that were previously asked to close.
DATES CONFIRMED FOR REOPENING OF CLOSED INDUSTRIES
Having lobbied the government on behalf of local businesses I am pleased to hear that the following businesses will be allowed to re-open:
Saturday 11th July
- Outdoor theatre and music performances (Guidance)
- Recreational Cricket (Press Release w/ guidance)
- Outdoor Pools and Waterparks (Guidance)
Monday 13th July
- Beauticians (Guidance) with further information here.
- Spas (Guidance)
- Tattooists (Guidance)
- Tanning Salons (Guidance)
- Body and skin piercing services (Guidance)
- Massage Parlours (Guidance)
Saturday 25th July
- Gyms (Guidance) with (Guidance for managing playgrounds and outdoor gyms)
- Indoor Swimming Pools (Guidance)
- Leisure Centres (Guidance)
Guidance for ALL sectors here. This will be regularly updated to show new guidance for those sectors that haven't received any yet.
REGISTER FOR EAT-OUT TO HELP OUT SCHEMES
You can read about and register for the "Eat out to help out scheme" here.
HELPFUL: RECOVERY ADVICE FOR BUSINESS SCHEME
Free, one-to-one advice with expert advisers from all sorts of specialist fields is now available on the Enterprise Nation website. This project has been established with the government and is targeted at small businesses across the country. Accountancy, legal, advertising, marketing, recruitment and digital are all examples of bespoke assistance it provides.
GREEN HOMES GRANT SCHEME
Yesterday, the Chancellor announced the establishment of a Green Homes Grant. This will give homeowners vouchers worth up to £5,000, and up to £10,000 for low-income households, to make homes energy efficient.
I hope that residents and businesses will be able to take advantage of this scheme, with local plumbers, roofers and builders standing to benefit. The announcement of a £50 million Social Housing Decarbonisation Fund and a £1 billion Public Sector Decarbonisation Scheme will hopefully achieve similar goals.
I will update you on this as more information comes out.
More information on the VAT cut for eat-in and take-out food, along with accommodation and admissions to certain attractions.
The government also has specific guidance on which food and drink require VAT and how much. And which attractions are eligible.
- COVID-19 SUPPORT DIRECTORY FOR INDIVIDUALS AND BUSINESSES
- Important update: Chancellor's statement and what it means for you - 08/07/2020
- Quick update - full list of businesses, guidance available - 24/06/2020
- Further opening of key sectors, self-employed support - COVID-19 Business update 23/06/2020
- NLC Discretionary Business Grants now open for application - COVID-19 Business update 01/06/2020
- COVID-19 Business update 29/05/2020 -Important update on furlough, Self-Employed income support scheme EXTENDED
- COVID-19 Business update 26/05/2020- Retail update, tax clarifications, claim for SSP
- COVID-19 Business update 14/05/2020- Major housing update, holiday entitlement guidance, guidance for discretionary council grant released - COVID-19 Business update
- COVID-19 Business update 13/05/2020- Furlough scheme extended, health and safety priority
- COVID-19 Business Update 11/05/20- Details on today's announcements, how to make your workplace "Covid-Safe"
- COVID-19 Business update 04/05/2020- Bounce back loans available NOW, Council to get discretion for grants, further info for employees
- COVID-19 Business update 27/04/2020- New 100% backed loans for small businesses, Furlough scheme feedback
- COVID-19 Business update 15/04/2020- Date set for furlough scheme (get ready!), more info for the self-employed
- COVID-19 Business update 03/04/2020- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loans, Industry updates
- COVID-19 Business update 27/03/2020- Important update for employers: more details on "furlough"/ "80% scheme"
- COVID-19 Business update 26/03/2020- Self-employed details, letter to Chancellor and Business Secretary
- COVID-19 Business update 24/03/2020- Important guidelines and updates
- COVID-19 Business update 23/03/2020- Lockdown and further information
- COVID-19 Business update 22/03/2020- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, my pledge to the self-employed
- COVID-19 Business update 20/03/2020- URGENT UPDATE
- COVID-19 Business update 18/03/2020- Business Interruption Loan Scheme, Business Rates Holiday, Small Business Grants