This email is part of a regular update I send out to businesses in Scunthorpe. If you have not received this email directly from me please click here to subscribe to my COVID-19 Business newsletter.
Business update - Tier 2 and what it means for you
I am writing to provide an update following the recent announcement that Scunthorpe and North Lincolnshire will be moving into the Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions from 00:01 31st October (Saturday). You can find the full gov.uk Tier 2 guidance here.
How will this affect my business?
No currently open and operating business’ will be forced to close under the new restrictions.
From Saturday people meeting in social settings, including those visiting hospitality and leisure business’ must be from the same household, there are exceptions to this including people from the same support bubble, a full list is available here.
Venues are expected to enforce covid rules, and failure to do so can result in a fine of £10,000. I am currently asking North Lincs Council to provide clarity on how businesses are expected to enforce it.
As usual all businesses should be following the Covid-secure guidelines which can be found here.
Wedding ceremonies, civil partnerships and wedding receptions
Ceremonies may still go ahead, however, the reception must be a sit-down meal, with full social distancing measures, and the entire ceremony must be in a Covid-secure venue with a maximum of 15 people. As promised, I have written a letter to the relevant Minister regarding the challenges faced by the wedding industry which you can find here.
Funerals and Crematorium
Funeral and crematorium services can take place either inside a Covid-secure venue, or outdoors up to a number permitted following risk assessments conducted by the venue, up to a maximum of 30 people. This does not extend to wakes or ceremonial services, which must be kept to 15 people maximum and, if involving food, must be in a sit-down meal form.
More information can be found on the government’s Tier 2 page, under “Weddings, civil partnerships, religious services and funerals”.
What additional support is my Business entitled to?
If your hospitality and leisure business is severely hit by these restrictions you may apply for a grant from North Lincs Council.
Depending on properties rateable value, grants of up to £2100 per month may be available. The scheme will be launched on 2nd November (next Monday). You can apply at https://investinnorthlincolnshire.com/. Do contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01724297330 if you have any furhter questions.
This support package will be in addition to the improved Winter Support Package that has been announced last week.
As usual, please get back to me if you have further questions or issues and I will do my best to help.
- COVID-19 SUPPORT DIRECTORY FOR INDIVIDUALS AND BUSINESSES
- COVID-19 Business Update 23/10/2020- Chancellor’s IMPROVED Winter Support Package
- Coronavirus Business Update 22.09.20- Chancellor's Winter Support Package
- Coronavirus Business Update 22/09/20- Today's updates and key guidances
- COVID-19 Business Update 08/09/2020- Feedback from hospitality industry needed, job creation schemes available for your business
- COVID-19 Business Update 09/07/2020- Further reopening of businesses, eat out scheme details, green homes grants
- Important update: Chancellor's statement and what it means for you - 08/07/2020
- Quick update - full list of businesses, guidance available - 24/06/2020
- Further opening of key sectors, self-employed support - COVID-19 Business update 23/06/2020
- NLC Discretionary Business Grants now open for application - COVID-19 Business update 01/06/2020
- COVID-19 Business update 29/05/2020 -Important update on furlough, Self-Employed income support scheme EXTENDED
- COVID-19 Business update 26/05/2020- Retail update, tax clarifications, claim for SSP
- COVID-19 Business update 14/05/2020- Major housing update, holiday entitlement guidance, guidance for discretionary council grant released - COVID-19 Business update
- COVID-19 Business update 13/05/2020- Furlough scheme extended, health and safety priority
- COVID-19 Business Update 11/05/20- Details on today's announcements, how to make your workplace "Covid-Safe"
- COVID-19 Business update 04/05/2020- Bounce back loans available NOW, Council to get discretion for grants, further info for employees
- COVID-19 Business update 27/04/2020- New 100% backed loans for small businesses, Furlough scheme feedback
- COVID-19 Business update 15/04/2020- Date set for furlough scheme (get ready!), more info for the self-employed
- COVID-19 Business update 03/04/2020- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loans, Industry updates
- COVID-19 Business update 27/03/2020- Important update for employers: more details on "furlough"/ "80% scheme"
- COVID-19 Business update 26/03/2020- Self-employed details, letter to Chancellor and Business Secretary
- COVID-19 Business update 24/03/2020- Important guidelines and updates
- COVID-19 Business update 23/03/2020- Lockdown and further information
- COVID-19 Business update 22/03/2020- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, my pledge to the self-employed
- COVID-19 Business update 20/03/2020- URGENT UPDATE
- COVID-19 Business update 18/03/2020- Business Interruption Loan Scheme, Business Rates Holiday, Small Business Grants