Business Secretary Alok Sharma has written to all MPs on the new Covid Secure guidelines being provided for workplaces. He provides crucial info on the extra money for Health and Safety Executive to deal with complaints, the use of face coverings in the workplace and if PPE is necessary.
I have decided to share the letter with you below. It summarises Covid Secure workplaces into five points:
1) Work from home, if you can.
2) Carry out a COVID-19 risk assessment, in consultation with workers or trades unions.
3) Maintain 2 metres social distancing, wherever possible.
4) Where people cannot be 2 metres apart, manage transmission risk.
5) Reinforcing cleaning processes
Guidance has been released for eight types of workplaces that are allowed to open now or in ‘Phase Two’. You can view them on my 11th May business update.
|Letter from Business Secretary regarding safe workplaces||98.25 KB|