This newsletter is part of a regular update I send out to businesses in Scunthorpe. If you have not received this directly from me please click here to subscribe to my COVID-19 Business newsletter.
I hope you are keeping well and making the best out of the recent relaxation of restrictions. It's good to see businesses in our area now back in action.
- Discretionary Impact Grant Announced
- Change in CJRS eligibility for claim periods this month
- Consultation on Direct Payments Scheme for Farmers
- Please support our local talents
- Self-Employment Income Support Scheme
- Be wary of scams
NLC Discretionary Impact Grant Up
North Lincs Council today announced a new "Discretionary Impact Grant" business support scheme. This grant recognises the continued challenges some businesses face as we reopen and aims to support those still impacted by restrictions.
I want to thank those in North Lincs Council for working with me on this and I hope that this will be of genuine help to local businesses.
Change in CJRS eligibility for claim periods this month
If employers have employees who have previously been ineligible for the CJRS, as they were not on their payroll on 30 October 2020, they may be eligible for periods from 1 May 2021 onwards.
For claim periods from May, employers can now claim for eligible employees who were on your PAYE payroll on 2 March 2021. This means they must have made a PAYE Real Time Information (RTI) submission between 20 March 2020 and 2 March 2021, notifying HMRC of earnings for that employee.
Employers and their employees do not need to have benefitted from the scheme before to make a claim, as long as they meet the eligibility criteria.
Consultation on Direct Payments Scheme for Farmers
DEFRA has launched a consultation on changes to the Basic Payment Scheme for farmers. The Department is asking for stakeholder views on both the proposed Lump-sum exit scheme and delinked payments- these views will go towards recommendations for the design of the new payment scheme to be launched next year.
I have posted a letter from the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Secretary George Eustice on my website with more information, and you can participate in the Scheme at consult.defra.gov.uk until 11th August.
Please support our local talents
I've recently visited Youth Engineering Scunthorpe, which provides training and support for local young people. This is a brilliant initiative that offers young people a pathway in engineering and manufacturing.
Youth Engineering Scunthorpe is keen to work with more local employers so please get in touch with them if you are interested.
Self-Employment Income Support Scheme
The online claims service for the fourth grant of SEISS is open to all eligible customers until 1st June 2021. HMRC will be contacting those eligible who have previously asked for support but have yet to submit a claim over the coming days.
Be wary of scams
North Lincs Council is aware of an increase in scam emails, calls and texts relating to COVID-19 Government business grants. I have tabled a Written Question on call scams to the Home Secretary and Culture, Media and Sports Secretary to strengthen enforcement, but businesses to those trying to mimic government sources- there is more information on how to be 'scam aware' on my website.
Take care and stay safe,
- COVID-19 SUPPORT DIRECTORY FOR INDIVIDUALS AND BUSINESSES
- useful local mental health support contacts
- Funding Opportunities for Scunthorpe Charities and NFPs/ New Business Grants
- Updates to work safety guidance, Register for FREE weekly tests, Grants and other business support schemes - COVID-19 Business update 08/04/2021
- Ready to reopen Scunthorpe, FREE lateral flow tests for biz with over 50 employees, SME Brexit Support Fund - COVID-19 Business update 24/03/2021
- Weddings and Sports roadmap + Big update covering support schemes, tax changes, and policy updates - COVID-19 Business update 16/03/2021
- Special Business update - Budget overview - COVID-19 Business update 03/03/2021
- Lockdown grants update, Important Furlough and Self-Employed Income Support Scheme deadlines - COVID-19 Business update 08/01/2021
- Lockdown Grant Details - COVID-19 Business Update 05/01/2021
- Discretionary grant update, notes from Weddings meeting, lower self-isolation period- COVID-19 Business Update 14/12/2020
- Tier 3 Grant open, Tier reviews, outbreak control support and wet pubs grant- COVID-19 Business Update 4/12/20Tier 3 restrictions, new SEISS up - COVID-19 Business Update 26/11/2020
- COVID Winter plan, furlough changes, self-isolation payment - COVID-19 Business Update 24/11/2020
- Discretionary grant released - COVID-19 Business Update 13/11/2020
- Chancellor's announcement updates, Discretionary Grant confirmed, industry guidelines - COVID-19 Business Update 06/11/2020
- Lockdown support and grants - COVID-19 Business Update 04/11/2020
- COVID-19 Business Update 23/10/2020- Chancellor’s IMPROVED Winter Support Package
- Coronavirus Business Update 22.09.20- Chancellor's Winter Support Package
- Coronavirus Business Update 22/09/20- Today's updates and key guidances
- COVID-19 Business Update 08/09/2020- Feedback from hospitality industry needed, job creation schemes available for your business
- COVID-19 Business Update 09/07/2020- Further reopening of businesses, eat out scheme details, green homes grants
- Important update: Chancellor's statement and what it means for you - 08/07/2020
- Quick update - full list of businesses, guidance available - 24/06/2020
- Further opening of key sectors, self-employed support - COVID-19 Business update 23/06/2020
- NLC Discretionary Business Grants now open for application - COVID-19 Business update 01/06/2020
- COVID-19 Business update 29/05/2020 -Important update on furlough, Self-Employed income support scheme EXTENDED
- COVID-19 Business update 26/05/2020- Retail update, tax clarifications, claim for SSP
- COVID-19 Business update 14/05/2020- Major housing update, holiday entitlement guidance, guidance for discretionary council grant released - COVID-19 Business update
- COVID-19 Business update 13/05/2020- Furlough scheme extended, health and safety priority
- COVID-19 Business Update 11/05/20- Details on today's announcements, how to make your workplace "Covid-Safe"
- COVID-19 Business update 04/05/2020- Bounce back loans available NOW, Council to get discretion for grants, further info for employees
- COVID-19 Business update 27/04/2020- New 100% backed loans for small businesses, Furlough scheme feedback
- COVID-19 Business update 15/04/2020- Date set for furlough scheme (get ready!), more info for the self-employed
- COVID-19 Business update 03/04/2020- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loans, Industry updates
- COVID-19 Business update 27/03/2020- Important update for employers: more details on "furlough"/ "80% scheme"
- COVID-19 Business update 26/03/2020- Self-employed details, letter to Chancellor and Business Secretary
- COVID-19 Business update 24/03/2020- Important guidelines and updates
- COVID-19 Business update 23/03/2020- Lockdown and further information
- COVID-19 Business update 22/03/2020- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, my pledge to the self-employed
- COVID-19 Business update 20/03/2020- URGENT UPDATE
- COVID-19 Business update 18/03/2020- Business Interruption Loan Scheme, Business Rates Holiday, Small Business Grants